Trans Or Engine Problem

Hello everyone!

My dad has a 1993 Lexus and we are having some problems with this car under hard acceleration When u cruise normally the car seems fine but when u step on the pedal to try to accelerate the CAR starts moving back and forth and the RPMs from will go up to 3000 rpm and back down to 2500 (up and down) and will struggle to pick up speed. The car seems to hesitate and doesnt want to go.

IS this a engine or trans problem?

We just had a major tune up done, timing belt, spark plugs, and even had the ECU comuter chip swapped out and still has the same problem... Any ideas? I appreciate your help thanks!

will a fuel injection or throtle body clean help? ALSO WHAT TYPE OF TRANS FLUID DOES THE 1993 LEXUS 400 take? Is it lexus type fluid or dextron type II?

The trans fluid btw is dark brown... is lexus trans fluid suppose to be pink?

looks like you might have to check ur spark plugs and wires. i had this problem and it turned out that 2 cylinders were just not working.....

but it might be smth else as well but its worth trying to check the plugs.

do you have any lights blinking or constantly on? like check engine light or trac light?

You don't want dark brown tranny fluid in there..........get that stuff drained out@!!!

Toyota T-IV fluid is the recommended fluid. It is red. It should look kind of a "translucent red" color on the dipstick when it is fairly clean.

I think your torque converter is acting up upon acceleration - the new fluid will help immensely!!!