Traction battery

I'm hoping for some feedback regarding the traction battery. We bought this car in March 2016 with about 145,000 miles. At about 149,000 miles, and a few months after buying it, we had to refurbish the batteries. It ended up that the guy replaced every cell with cells from an '08 Highlander hybrid. Those cells had only 38,000 miles on them. Since then everything has been working normally. Yesterday, 11/28,16, while driving at about 30mph the warning lights came on again telling me to "Check hybrid system". This happened once before after the repair but the car was loaded down and we were on a highway. I accelerated very quickly and basically "overwhelmed" the batteries. This time it was normal, calm driving conditions. Since I don't own an OBDII machine I just disconnected the negative terminal and reset everything myself. It's been OK since. Before I get the car into a Lexus dealer for a complete diagnostic I wonder if anybody has any insight into this. I know that some codes will trigger false readings and show unrelated codes. This was the case when the 12 volt battery needed replacement.