SC400 - AC Suddenly shuts down

Hello all,

Today we were cruising along in 90 degree heat. The air conditioning was cooling us nicely as she always does. Then, suddenly, we lost all power to the AC system. The fan shut down and there was no power to the AC control panel. The first thought through my mind is that it is a simple fuse that has blown.

Well we get home and I pull the two fuses that are showing to affect AC:

1. 10A fuse labeled as HTR
2. 10A fuse labeled as DOME

Both were fine. Not blown.

I then start wondering if the relay that is labeled as HTR, located in the engine compartment fuse block might be the issue. How would I test this relay?

Or is there somewhere else I should look to troubleshoot this AC power issue?

Thanks all,
W

I just solved this problem tonight, it is the 15A cig fuse. 

My problem for me was that I had changed the OEM 12v cig socket out for an aftermarket socket.  I believe the socket would short when I inserted a charger with some moderate pressure. The strange thing was that the AC worked when in park but would not work in RND2 or 1. I checked all the fuses and I found that the 15A cig fuse was "half" blown as in the fuse had about 10% of functional material. 

I thought it was the shifter assembly so I bought a new one...now I have an extra lol. 

Good Luck