92 Ls400 D side rear window wont go up

Snoopdug22

So my wife and kids were in my car.....  Kid rolls window all the way down (which i dont do ever), now i cant get the window back up. There is power to the window as ive tried numorous ways to roll up. It seems that the front top tip of the window is getting hung up. May be off track. Please help!!!!

Have you tried having your wife power it up while you use both hands to kinda vise gripe between hands and help pull it up? It could be any number of things causing it.

And the rear windows never roll all the way down they are always sticking up out of the door when rolled down to max down.  If some how it was forced more and I'm not sure if that is possible, but still something could have been broke.

Rule one to keep a car nice, no kids in and or around it, nor animals.

As Exhaustgases mentioned, the rear windows never open all the way, when rolled down. This is by design, as the door's shape does not leave enough room for the rear windows to move straight down. I have attached an image to show how they should look.

1442879430_614.jpg

The only way to know if the window has come off of the track is to remove the inner door panel. Do you still hear the motor running when you move the switch for the rear window? If you move the switch to the up or down position and hear the whirring noise of the motor, it is very likely that it has come off track. If you don't hear anything the motor may have gone bad. On the other hand, if the window is stuck in position but still on the track, you may hear the motor make a stressed noise when the switch is engaged; this noise is like a hum.

Ensure that the window switches are good by testing both the rear window switch on the driver's door master control switch, as well as the rear driver's-side door window switch.

Here are some instructions on how to remove the rear door panels. It is not commonly mentioned, but tape should be wrapped around the end of your screwdriver in order to not damage any of the interior trim or parts.