2001 ES300 Ballast replacement?

Hello, 

Need some help.

My driver side low beam light stopped working so I ordered some bulbs from ebay they were like $24 for the pair. Replaced the passenger side first since I read somewhere that you should replace both to match light intensity. After replacing both I turned the headlights on and the driver side still did not work. I thought maybe the new bulb is bad so I replaced it with the passenger side bulb that was originally working fine. Nothing, still did not work.

So I am thinking that it might be the ballast from reading other posts on this forum.

So, I'm getting ready to try and replace the ballast on the drivers side.

Can you please direct me to a video or somewhere that walks you through this process?

Thank you in advance. 

Lalo039 - I had the same problem with my '04 es330.  I purchased what I thought were OEM replacements and my headlights would not consistently illuminate.  I too was going to replace the ballast as I thought that must be the problem.  In a last ditch effort I bought another set of halogen bulbs, this time from the Lexus the dealer.  I quickly discovered that two slightly different bulbs were used for during the '04 model year.  When I replaced the bulbs with the exact OEM bulb for my VIN, they worked great.  That was 30,000 miles ago and the replacement bulbs are working perfectly.  No replacement ballast was necessary.

Good Luck!

greg