Leaking Heater Control Valve

TexasLexus94

The previous owner of my 94 LS400 had a "heater control valve at the engine fire wall leaking coolant" replaced less than a year ago. I cannot get the full repair history for the Lexus, so my question is:

When the dealer replaced the heater control valve, did he have to drain the coolant in the system? Or did he just plug off the connections? I'm asking solely to try and determine the status of the cooling system and the coolant.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The previous owner of my 94 LS400 had a "heater control valve at the engine fire wall leaking coolant" replaced less than a year ago. I cannot get the full repair history for the Lexus, so my question is:

When the dealer replaced the heater control valve, did he have to drain the coolant in the system? Or did he just plug off the connections? I'm asking solely to try and determine the status of the cooling system and the coolant.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It is not necessary to drain coolant when changing the heater core valve some may escape but not more than a quart

I just flushed the radiator, and the coolant looked clean. I saw the plugs to drain the block, but decided to wait a while, since I need a couple of special tools. Thank you, LOC for telling me where the plugs and drains are located-This forum is invaluable.