2007 RX 350 WATER PUMP

I took my 07 RX 350 in for an oil change, and the dealership tells me I need a new water pump, due to it not having any coolant in it from the time of my last oil change.  My truck has approximately 186,000 miles.  It has never ran hot, nor does it show signs of the coolant leaking on the ground.  I've put coolant in it to the FILL line, and two days later the coolant is well below the FILL line, while the engine is hot.  Can someone please tell me how to identify when and IF I need to replace my water pump? 

Since your coolant IS leaking and no signs of it on the ground it is evaporating off of a hot engine component before it hits ground. With that many miles and (no) record of a water pump repl. that is probably a good idea if no leak can be spotted with the engine running.

• 2 months later...

My water pump was corroded at 90,000 mile timing belt change, so yours maybe overdue for a replacement.

I was adding maybe 1 oz of coolant every two months for 1 year prior to water pump change.