Auto Purchasing

I ordered a new 2016 RX350 in December and just received word that construction on my automobile will begin the end of April with delivery around the end of May.  Is anyone else having this problem.  Can't imagine that this would take over five months and I'm not pleased.

Yes, I've been reading that others are having to wait that long, are irritated about it and wondering if they should cancel and reorder a 2017 RX.  This issue seems to be more common when a vehicle is significantly redesigned.  It happened to me when I ordered a redesigned Honda MDX SH-AWD in early 2014.  I cancelled the order a month later after the delivery date had slipped by two months into the summer.

Both Lexus and Toyota dealers order vehicles and do just about everything else through the Toyota "Dealer Daily" online systems.  Your Lexus dealer might have been able to cut the delivery time dramatically if an existing order had been modified instead of submitting a new order.  That's what a Toyota dealer did for me when I special ordered a Toyota Sienna Limited after I cancelled the order for the MDX but I had to ask since the salesman seemed unaware that it could be done.  That cut delivery time from over three months to exactly 28 days.