Specs For Roof Rack Lexus Oem 2010 Rx 350

vazquecj

I'm trying to find the white papers on the Lexus manufactured Roof rack on my RX 350 so that I can install a bike rack. They are oval-shaped so many third-party manufacturer bike racks won't fit. Any help is appreciated!

White papers? I've never heard of something like that for rack crossbars. The installation instructions for the crossbars for the 2010 RX350 do not have measurements for the crossbars. Can you measure them yourself? Measuring calipers like I have are about $10 at a store near where I live.

My favorite trailer supply company where I have bought hitches, harnesses and the bike rack I use on my Sienna has only one roof bike rack that fits the crossbars of the 2010 RX350: http://www.etrailer.com/Best/Lexus/RX_350/Bike_Rack/Roof_Bike_Racks/

$127.20 seems like a lot to carry only one bike. I paid etrailer only $99 for my hitch mounted Pro Series Eclipse 4-bike rack when it was on special and its current price at etrailer is $125.95: http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Pro-Series/63124.html It is a very sturdy hitch, folds away from the vehicle and is nicer than some hitch racks that cost far more.

I used a La Prealpina car top bike rack for about 10 years but only hitch bike racks for the last 25 years. Hitch racks are much more convenient, easier to load bikes on, no risk of damaging vehicle paint if a bike slips from your grasp, doubles as a work stand, no worry about forgetting that bikes are on top and trashing them (and the vehicle) on an overhead obstacle, and NO WIND NOISE.

If you don't have a receiver hitch on your RX, you could buy one from etrailer for little more than what than what that 1-bike rack for your RX crossbars cost. A receiver hitch is very easy to install.