2000 Lx470 Skid Plates

chuckscap

Hi I just bought a used 2000 LX470. It looks and rides great. I need new front leather seat bottoms other than that all is good so far. Question. Did the 2000 lx470 come with stock skid plates? I looked under the vehicle and don't see any. If not would you recommend the SLEE steel skid plates? I'm using it for mainly on road, but will take it up into the mountains to camp, fish and hunt. No Rubicon runs but some fairly serious stretches of four wheel drive roads.

Thanks! Great forum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

They came with 2 oem plates, a metal one in front that goes approximately from the radiator to the cross member about 2 feet back, and a plastic or fiberglass one that goes behind that. Slee makes awesome stuff, not inexpensive but worth it. I drive my '01 about the same as you and I've never scraped the oem plates...at least so far.:)

Steve

Thanks! My AHC is gone (I knew that when I bought it), so a week from Thursday I'm having Slee remove it and install their OME 1.5" medium lift kit with diff drop and SPC UCAs and remove my running boards. In July BIOR is making me some nice very unobtrusive sliders they will install.. That should take care of my budget for the year. I don't see doing much else except maybe taking the third row seats out and putting in a driver's side inside spare tire carrier. I don't do hard core off roading so that should take care of my needs. Thanks for replying!

Chuck

Thanks! My AHC is gone (I knew that when I bought it), so a week from Thursday I'm having Slee remove it and install their OME 1.5" medium lift kit with diff drop and SPC UCAs and remove my running boards. In July BIOR is making me some nice very unobtrusive sliders they will install.. That should take care of my budget for the year. I don't see doing much else except maybe taking the third row seats out and putting in a driver's side inside spare tire carrier. I don't do hard core off roading so that should take care of my needs. Thanks for replying!

Chuck

Chuck, I'm not aware of an in-truck spare carrier. I'd definitely suggest talking to Christo at Slee and think about his tire carrier on the rear bumper.

My reasoning>>>You've got a wheel/tire assembly which approaches 100 pounds. Unless that sucker is very securely mounted with big holes through your plastic paneling and the inner panels which hold the paneling in place, you could be in serious crap if you have to stop fast or, (heaven forbid) you run into something or something runs into you. Then, you've got the wheel/tire heading your way very fast.

My suggestion would again get the rear bumper with tire rack or use the under body oem spare tire space...I've got 285-75 x 16's on my Lx and the spare fits fine. If you're worried about dragging, by the time the spare drags due to approach angle, you've already toasted your trailer hitch.

eta...my third row seats came out of the truck just as fast as the running boards...like the first day I bought the truck.

Just my thoughts. ;)

Steve

Edited by hankinid