Lx470 Ac Noise Passenger Side

CrazyDave

I have been having a problem with intermittent noises from the AC unit on the passenger side. It has been a loud shrill noise but now has simply settled in as a clicking noise. I replaced the fan assembly but the noise continues. I have read that it could be the air mix servo but am not sure that I want to attempt to tackle this problem and am thinking of taking it into the shop. Any suggestions or troubleshooting suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dave, yep blend door motor if it clicks flat out... i had same in old 99 lx470... had to remove everything to get a/c control box

off fire wall.. one leg on a/c box is under leg of evaporator unit... easier to cut leg which sits behind evaporator leg off to save about 6 hours... big job for a part about the size of a box of matches.. do your research on the servo part... check the servo on the side of the a/c box first... that's easy to get to.. if you attempt job, make sure every part that comes off is placed in such a way

that you cant mix up the replacement order or you will give yourself another 6 hours of work you didnt have to do. cheers pete..