Adding To Factory System

What does everyone think about adding an SUB and AMP(sub) to the factory is300 system? I'll prolly run signal through the high end of my rear speaker. and have the sub in a box right at the opening of the rear arm rest thing. Is there a way to cut out low freq to my factory mids and highs, and just have my sub running the bass?

thanks for the help

thomas lee

2003 yeyo white is300

What does everyone think about adding an SUB and AMP(sub) to the factory is300 system? I'll prolly run signal through the high end of my rear speaker. and have the sub in a box right at the opening of the rear arm rest thing. Is there a way to cut out low freq to my factory mids and highs, and just have my sub running the bass?

thanks for the help

thomas lee

2003 yeyo white is300

I have a 1997 ES300, and I tapped into the factory subwoofer on the rear deck. I could not find a dash insert to allow for an after market CD player, so that was my only option. The bass hits hard, but not as hard if I had an after market CD player.