Buying Used 2007 Is350 - Possible Concerns, Opinions Appreciated

Welcome MZ to LOC.

These IS350's are reliable (better than average). Open recalls ( there have been several and another related to fuel line is in the works ) will need to be addressed, bit that's at no charge to owner.

The PPI is a very good idea, given the accident history of car. This car should be discounted significantly because of history (accident, multiple owners, non-California car), otherwise find another one.

Welcome MZ to LOC.

These IS350's are reliable (better than average). Open recalls ( there have been several and another related to fuel line is in the works ) will need to be addressed, bit that's at no charge to owner.

The PPI is a very good idea, given the accident history of car. This car should be discounted significantly because of history (accident, multiple owners, non-California car), otherwise find another one.

Thanks. It's not discounted significantly and I'm unsure the dealer will budge much, they already rejected my offer prior to my doing this much homework. They came back with a counter offer which I feel would be fair if it did not have it's history.

That much marginal to bad history has an impact on price. The Mitsu dealership lacks expertise in premium cars and is a bit greedy. Just imagine the flack from a dealership one would get trying to trade it in at a later date.

I'd keep shopping, preferably at a Lexus dealership (doesn't need to be CPO), they would typically wholesale off a car like this and not display on their used car lot.

• Like 1