Car History And Timing Belt Question

youngdoog

I was only able to get the repair history of my perfecto condition desert-preserved 94LS with 101K miles back to 75K miles. May have been a different dealer in Vegas before then-Fletcher Jones mega-group is fairly new here. So my questions are-

1. Can I get any earlier history? I know the previous one-owner lived only in Vegas-Thank you, Car Fax. What happens when a local dealer is taken over by these mega dealers?-New dealers who act totally confused when I ask about anything further back. I have no idea who the previous owner was-I bought it from a used car dealer-not Fletcher J...Is there a Lexus Main History Service source?

2. Since the 90K maintenance work, the last work listed, does not mention the timing belt, I have to assume it's original. If I keep driving with the old belt, is there serious damage done when it fails? I like to mess with the car, but this preventive maintenance work seems beyond my skills.

Thanks for your thoughts.

You should be able to go to any Lexus Service Place with the vehicle VIN and get a complete printout of all services performed by Lexus. They obviously will not have any records of work that was not performed by Lexus. I did this with my car before I purchased it in Fort Meyers, Fl and the car had been serviced primarily in Conn. before it migrated to Florida.