Replace Fogs And Vibration On Start Up

BIGBOI3

Hey guys/gals,

So I have 2 main questions/issues for my 1999 LS 400.

1. Every time I start the car cold (in the AM or after 8hrs at work) there is a vibration that I feel in the steering wheel/seat/anywhere on the car. The vibrations come and go like a wave and it starts off very strong and dissipates to almost nothing in about 2 minutes. I noticed this after I replaced my engine mounts with OEM mounts. Any ideas what's causing the vibrations?

2. My stock fog lamps have pathetic output. I want to increase output mainly for dark roads with tight turns so I can see the sides of the road and stuff. I have done research and there are 3 ideas out there. a) take off the tin sleeve on the stock 9006 bulbs to give more output, b) modify to fit 9005 bulbs or c) put HIDs in. I don't normally run fogs, only when I REALLY need them so don't worry about brightness factor and blinding motorists.

Thanks for the help! :D

• 3 months later...

NOPE! and I still have it. Been meaning to take it to my mechanic, but it means I have to leave the car overnight at his shop so he can do a cold startup. Will post on here what he says when I do it!