Strange Radio Issue

SOFAKING

Any Radio xperts out there ? Installed an iSimple and XMv200 and it works great for about a month . Then everything blacks out .No nav , no camera, no volume control and no AM/FM. I go to JM Lexus and they reboot and voila it works . This lasts a while and bing it does it again . After several moths I switched to a Vais SL3 and while the radio works on all XM stations the Text showing the station number , genre etc is constantly flashing . I switched the xm tuner out and rebooted but same thing . Driving me nuts . Any ideas ??? Thanks

Any Radio xperts out there ? Installed an iSimple and XMv200 and it works great for about a month . Then everything blacks out .No nav , no camera, no volume control and no AM/FM. I go to JM Lexus and they reboot and voila it works . This lasts a while and bing it does it again . After several moths I switched to a Vais SL3 and while the radio works on all XM stations the Text showing the station number , genre etc is constantly flashing . I switched the xm tuner out and rebooted but same thing . Driving me nuts . Any ideas ??? Thanks

Your best chance for a probable answer and estimate is United Radio in New York. They specialze in car audio and many members have had good luck with them.

Let us know what you find out.

Paul

http://unitedradio.com/automotive/

Sounds to me like either a bad radio, or a bad power connection. Either the the positive or negative. You said you did the instal. Make sure all you connections are good. A test light may show good, but the connection could be good enough for a meter or light, but not for the radio to power right. Also try shaking and moving the power wires, etc., as you test them.

Try asking here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/VAIS-Technology/296685372022

Solved : Turns out that after switching to a Vais unit a different issue turned up . We sent a video and Vais suggested there might be another XM unit somewhere in the car . We searched to trunk and found a Sirius Tuner connected to an interface . We removed this unit and now everything works as it should .

My thanks to Rick at Precision Performance , Davie FL. for being persistant .