My 2010 Rx350 (Fwd) 55K Miles. I Took It To Firestone To Change 4 Tire

My 2010 RX350 (FWD) 55K miles. I took it to FireStone to change 4 tires and alignment wheel. After the alignment, the VSC light went on. FireStore said computer need to reset (re-caliration), but they don't have tool(they did remove battery, but it did not help). So I took car to lexus dealer and they ran diagnostis and found the Yaw Rate Sensor defective, so it costs $1200 (part and labor) to replace the sensor(my car is out of warranty). I called FireStone and they said they did not touch the sensor (it sit inside the car). I don't know what to do now..any idea is help here.
Also, I read some posts about the Yaw Rate sensore. After alignment, the sensor needs to be re-calirated (reset), otherwise, it show error and cause the VSC light on. So I wonder lexus tech did caliration? or they just diagnostic and found error code about sensor and tell me to replace.

About all I can do it to provide a link to a ClubLexus thread which talks about the calibration: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-second-generation/611147-how-to-reset-vsc-off-warning-light-and-traction-control-light.html

I don't think I've sever seen anyone report a yaw rate sensor failing but that doesn't mean it can't happen. That the problem arose after the alignment seems fishy. The first thing I would wonder about would be that Firestone disconnected or damaged a wire underneath your vehicle. As a chain Firestone has never been well regarded and they tried a major scam on me the one time I took a car to a Firestone store many years ago.

You could ask Lexus corporate for participation in the replacement cost if not total compensation if the sensor really does need replacing since your RX is only 5,000 miles out of warranty.

If you register with your forum member name, the yaw sensor is only $635.27 from http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/841484A233-Electrical-RX350-2010.html in Texas where I've bought parts over the years. Retail price is $1032.96. I have no idea how difficult it is to replace.

My 2010 RX350 (FWD) 55K miles. I took it to FireStone to change 4 tires and alignment wheel. After the alignment, the VSC light went on. FireStore said computer need to reset (re-caliration), but they don't have tool(they did remove battery, but it did not help). So I took car to lexus dealer and they ran diagnostis and found the Yaw Rate Sensor defective, so it costs $1200 (part and labor) to replace the sensor(my car is out of warranty). I called FireStone and they said they did not touch the sensor (it sit inside the car). I don't know what to do now..any idea is help here.

Also, I read some posts about the Yaw Rate sensore. After alignment, the sensor needs to be re-calirated (reset), otherwise, it show error and cause the VSC light on. So I wonder lexus tech did caliration? or they just diagnostic and found error code about sensor and tell me to replace.