I just bought my first Lexus. 2005 LS 430 UH - 71K miles. OK, Lexus owners, what should I expect? What precautions should I take? How often should I plan on replacing the battery? (The dealer Svc guy says they last about 2 years - can this be right?) Any tips for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

What to expect? Smooth, quiet, luxury ride, that's what. Best vehicle you could have bought for the money. So congrats!

You should check into the prior owners service records, if available at the dealer, to see what has been done. At 60k miles there is a fairly substantial service done to replace fluids. Your owners manual should list most maintenance items. A decent battery should last many years(3-6) but they can fail earlier if you get a defective one(warranty should cover replacement).

With 71k on the clock, you may be ready for front brake pads if not already done. Then at 90k miles is the epic timing belt change which will cost some coin. But until then, sit back and enjoy the ride. And Welcome!

• Like 1