Ls400 A/c Problem

zinccheng

Hi all, I have a 95LS400 with 250K miles. Recently, the A/C will stop working if engine rpm is below 1000, the A/C light will flash on the A/C control panel. Once I drive the engine rpm over 1000, and re-set the AC button, the compressor will work fine again. Does anyone have ideas what went wrong and how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance.

I know if the pressure gets to high the compressor will shut down.

On my 91 the unit has two electric cooling fans in addition to the mechanical fan. The electric ones are there to cool the condenser. Especially when the engine is at low rpm or you are driving at low speed.

Do you know if these fans are working on your car? If they work like my 91 they should come on every time the AC is turned on.

Hopefully someone can chime im on if the 95 is like the 91 in this regard.

It could be that the A/C is overcharged. Might be a little far-fetched, but my previous car I owned had a similar problem (it was a Honda Accord). The A/C had been serviced because of a leak and then I started experiencing that same problem, worked fine going down the road, but when I came to a stop light, it started blowing warm. Try seeing if you can either have a mechanic check the Freon pressure in your A/C system or do it yourself. After the mechanic got my Freon pressure to the right level, the A/C worked fine.