My Driver Front Window Stopped Working?!

96LSVIP

Okay so jus today right after I was done wit work I tried rolling down my windows and my driver front window didn't roll down...... It was working fine all dis time and all of a sudden it jus dont work???

I was kinda stuck on stupid cuz I got home and took off door panel to try and find da window motor but didn't even see it in plain sight!! Now I'm stumped...

I didn't really try to troubleshoot cuz it jus looks too complicated....

But as of now all I hear wen I flip da switch up or down all I hear is a click.....

Can anyone please help me out?!

If your window is rolled all the way up and will not come down I may know what is going on. If I hold the switch too long on my 1990 it tends to go too far into the older weather stripping and get mechanically 'past' the leverage point IMO.

My solution is a small rolling pin that looks like a billy club. We keep it in the door side storage compartment and if the window will not come down we hold the down switch and tap on the door panel like you would knock on a door in the area where the imitation leather comes into a vee shape and meets the raised part of the door.

Close your eyes and feel the door panel from switch up toward mirror. Where your hand stops and gets wedged is where you thunk the window mechanism.

The window comes down every time and for doing it a half dozen times a year when we forget to watch the window come up, it is worth it in a saved Lexus Dealer repair bill.

Hi,

If the above does not work, you could commandeer an assitant's help to work the switch while you use both palms against the window (one from outside and one from inside) and put gentle pressure downward. This has worked for me in the past on the passenger side.

...And, for those out there who think responding with sarcasm to a call for help is quite witty, without providing useful advice, it is not, really! Remember that all members, even very new ones, are capable of providing some information that could prove useful to us, but not if they are disgusted with sarcastic wit and driven off!!!