Rubber Oil Drain Plug ?

Reysc

I have a friend who was so impressed with my LS so three weeks ago, he bought himself a relatively clen 98 LS with 168k miles on it. He just called me this p.m. and said he was having an oil change when his regular service guy informed him that he got a rubber oil drain plug and suspects his oil pan drain is stripped, thus the rubber plug. I haven't change the oil on my LS yet so I have no idea what to tell him. I've informed him that there are "self threading" oil drain plug in the market to remedy the situation if that is so.. Was I right in my advice to my friend. BTW, for those in the know, what size is the oil drain plug on the LS??

I dont believe he needs a new oil pan or does he?

Thanks again!

Well, " Duh" is all I can say for the above post! I apologized to the 66 viewers that read my above post. Obviously I was not aware that there is such thing as a universal rubber oil plug! My bad! We had his 98 LS successfully oil changed and found the following. The thread on the oil pan side was so stripped that the oversize self tapping drain plug would not work anymore.We decided on going ahead and use a new rubber oil plug. We will just shop around for a new oil pan ( maybe from Sewell) and gasket for the next oil change.

Well I learned something new today.....