Turn Signals When Towing?

Towing a small camper (less than 3500 lbs) and am installing the 7 contact trailer connector and an electric brake controller. Has anybody had any issues with the turn signal flashers when hooked up with a trailer? It does not look like there is a heavy duty flasher available - so am I safe to assume the stock flasher unit will work with the addition of the trailer lights?

For probably at least 20 years, a vehicle's turn signals and brake light circuits have been used only to "trigger" trailer lights. The actual power for trailer lights comes from a much more robust source.

For example, the aftermarket trailer light harness on my LS400 takes its power directly from the engine compartment fuse box. The little "magic box" that is the center of the aftermarket system routes current from the engine compartment fuse box to the trailer tail lights, stop lights and turn signals when it receives "signals" from the car's tail lights, stop lights and turn signals. Your OEM system works pretty much like my aftermarket system but it is probably better engineered.

I hope your total trailer weight, including cargo, is a LOT less than 3,500 pounds or that you understand the implications of towing the maximum allowable weight.