How To Turn On The Destination Arrow On The Nav

Paddyz

One thing I don't like about my 2011 ES350 is that it does not have an arrow pointing to the final destination somewhere on the screen. The Compass mode is an overkill, IMHO. I find this feature very useful when I wanted to deviate from the route, say to buy a burger, but do not want to head in the opposite direction.

This morning, miraculously, I saw a destination arrow showed up just below the distance and remaining time area. But it disappearred later. I wonder if there is a way to turn on this display?

I have not noticed this as an issue on my 2013, but I did go to the Owners Manual and found just this one item that may or may not be what your talking about:

Page 132, ES350 Owners Manual: "This message appears when the map scale is over 0.5 miles (800m)."

"POI and eDestination icons cannot be displayed when the map scale is over 0.5 mi."

Please write back and let us know if this helps. we like to learn.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. That's not what I was looking for. Here is a screenshot of a Honda Nav. On the top left corner, you can see an arrow pointing to the destination (in this case, it's straight ahead).

2316846442_6163785c2b.jpg

Thanks, Paul. That's not what I was looking for. Here is a screenshot of a Honda Nav. On the top left corner, you can see an arrow pointing to the destination (in this case, it's straight ahead).

2316846442_6163785c2b.jpg

I see what your looking for, and I have looked in a few more places but have not found what you want. My Garmin and my Volvo nav don't show that icon either.

Honda and TomTom handheld have this feature.

This morning, I saw it appear on ES350 too, but only briefly. I don't know how it showed up and why it went away. I wish I could keep it there all the time. It's so useful.

I captured a screenshot from the video tutorial. Here you can see its location.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=ED6BF78961876C28!238&authkey=!AAOEsXRA-32NcpU