2011 Es350 Navigation Lockout Override

solandmames

For some time, I have been searching for a work-aroung to override the Navigation lockout on my 2011 ES350. My Lexus dealer service rep said it can be done but said that Lexus prevents him from providing the information. To date, I have been unable to find info applicable to the 2011 ES350. My 2009 Honda Accord has no lockout and my passenger can operate the NAV while we are driving. This is certainly far safer than stopping on a 65 mph interstate to update directions! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solandmames

For some time, I have been searching for a work-aroung to override the Navigation lockout on my 2011 ES350. My Lexus dealer service rep said it can be done but said that Lexus prevents him from providing the information. To date, I have been unable to find info applicable to the 2011 ES350. My 2009 Honda Accord has no lockout and my passenger can operate the NAV while we are driving. This is certainly far safer than stopping on a 65 mph interstate to update directions! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solandmames

Try this out. I have no experience or any knowledge of the vendor mentioned. And I have no information if any of these magic "work arounds" actually do work or have any tech support. Let us know what you come up with.

Paul

Posted by skip2929 on 08 February 2011 - 12:34 PM in 2010-2013+ Lexus RX350

I am new to the world of Lexus, with our 2011 RX 450h....love everything about our new ride EXCEPT the annoying lockout of the phone and navigation controls when in motion. This was never mentioned to me by the salesman during the showroom demo and I totally missed this during the test drive. Thanks to Prestigious Society for having a wonderful solution to this with their bypass module. The install directions were easy to follow and when I did have a question about the installation, Mark at Prestigious Society answered my email with a phone call in 5 minutes!!! The BEST customer service I have ever received. I also understand if you have the Mark Levinson system this will allow the passenger to watch the video while in motion. THANK YOU MARK AT PRESTIGIOUS SOCIETY.

As SKIP2929 states, the Prestigious Society offers a terrific work around that permits you to use any function otherwise blocked while the vehicle is in motion. I purchased and installed one and find it invaluable especially on long trips. The installation took about one hour and the instructions that came with it were very clear. The only additional thing I did was to place the device, which is smaller than a pack of cigarettes, into an old sock to prevent it from rattling once it is inserted behind the control panel. I was able to place the on/off switch (a very small button) into the ash tray space (we removed that the day we bought the car) making it otherwise hidden from view. The only problem I had was reinstalling the two vents above the nav screen. I couldn't get them to snap competely back into the dash which left about a 1/4" gap at the bottom of the vents. The next time I took the car in for servicing at Lexus the technician snapped the vents back into place. My wife and I love the device since she can now explore many things on the nav system while the car is in motion. On our cross country road trip last summer this turned out to be very helpful tool in combination with her iPad when looking for hotels, restaurants, cafes and other point of interest. The device runs about $300 but is well worth it if you travel a lot. And, yes, it should not be operated by the driver while the car is in motion because it does take a lot of attention. Google "Prestigious Society" to find their web site.