Nav Questions

What is your favorite part of your navigation system?

Which settings do you prefer and why? (distance setting, etc)

Do you have the nav system on even when you know exactly where you're going?

I'd like to turn mine off altogether sometimes (like during the day) - how do I do that?

You can hit "DISPLAY" and press "Screen Off", and you won't see anything on the screen at all. Or you can go into the display options, and set the screen NOT to return to the map automatically.

• 3 weeks later...
I was thinking about doing my first modification on audio. One of my friend recently put a double din navigation unit to replace the stock on in his vehicle.This is supposedly for the 2009 and up car because when he ordered it, they did not make it in his 2008. What he did was he shaved off the bottom part where the clips are to make it fit. It ended up no fitting perfectly and had a 2cm gap from the AC to the top of the unit and the temperature will only show in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit . Aside from these issues, this unit works very well. He likes it way better then the stock navigation due to more features available. It has an 800 x 480 resolution and uses as window CE 6.0. Has dvd, mp3 player, streaming music through bluetooth, gps basically, everything you would find on a factory unit but more. The price was $599 for the navigation. Would this be a great idea for me to do?

post-148017-0-75687300-1364861688_thumb.

post-148017-0-47197800-1364861690_thumb.

post-148017-0-35818100-1364861692_thumb.