Has Anyone Removed Fuses Abs No1 And No2 And Drove The Car?

Lesux

I am interested in knowing if anyone has been courageous enough to remove those two fuses and drive the car? And then re-install the fuses in order to see if all the warning lights went away after a while?

Also, if anyone has done it, I would guess vsc, trac and abs were off, correct? I see there is a third fuse inside the cabin (ECU-IG NO2, 7.5 amps, #16) for a lot more than those three items. I would assume this fuse would stay.

Thanks.

My goal is only to disable trac and vsc when there is a snowstorm. Sometimes, all it takes is spinning the wheels A LITTLE BIT to get oneself out of a situation.

I guess one day I might have to give it a try (remove the fuses). But I just got the car last week and I want to enjoy it a bit longer before I mess with anything. Btw, there was a snowstorm when I picked up the car. And the following two times I drove the car, it was snowing, ha! ha! The car came with four seasons Michelin Energy MXV4. I love those tires, now replaced by the Primacy. I used to have the Energy MXV4 Plus on all my cars. I will get winter tires, but I'll wait until the fall, as winter is more than half gone.

True winter tires (mountain/snowflake symbol on sidewall) will transform your ES into a unstoppable winter snow machine.

I'm way down here in Kansas and grandson of Ontario "escapees" (from near Chatham) and I wouldn't think of driving my LS in winter without heavy duty snow tires. I do occasionally drive a lot further north of where I live.

Why wait until next winter to buy snow tires? Down here, this is the time of year that snow tires get cheaper. Get some Blizzaks or Michelin X-ice and enjoy the rest of winter.

My MXV4's are wonderful tires but they are stored in the garage during winter.

Yep, I figured the tires were the cause of vsc & trac to be activated so often (there were a few inches of snow on the ground).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I do not think that snow tires are really cheaper towards the end of winter over here. I will need to buy 4 rims + the tire pressure monitoring thingie + Michelin X-ice, so it wil set me back a little bit. So I'll wait. Rest of winter??? I hope not. Winter should be over in... as soon as possible ;)

Moreover, I am used to removing Trac/Vsc. I found an easy way way to remember it: Twice brake pedal, twice parking brake, twice brake pedal AND the other pedal always need to be pressed down before the other pedal is having movement.