Car Has Camera But Not Nav

Hi just bought a 2006 GS300 and i see the car has a stock camera under the third break light. but nothing comes on when i put it in reverse...? is there something i need to do? the car doesnt have the stock navigation. i dont know if that maters.. any help would be great Thank you

Hi just bought a 2006 GS300 and i see the car has a stock camera under the third break light. but nothing comes on when i put it in reverse...? is there something i need to do? the car doesnt have the stock navigation. i dont know if that maters.. any help would be great Thank you

If your car doesn't have a nav screen, where would you expect the camera image to "appear"? LOL

If your GS came with a factory backup camera, you would find in on the trunk lid, to the right and just above the rear license plate. I am curious to see what the part that you are referring to is.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same rear camera that you are talking about. It is just as he said, under the 3rd break light. It is a lens and everything... I also have the same thing he says about the Navy... he doesn't mean that he has no screen. He just has no navigation setting. I have the exact same problem and I came here with the same question

I'm afraid it's still not a camera. I have something that looks like a lense under my third brake light on my GS as well as the ISF. Just something Lexus does to coverup the screws.

Hey guys I found out what that is. I believe it is the sensor for the rear view mirror auto dimmer. Just in case anyone was wondering. And yes, the actual camera would be by the license plate.

Hey guys I found out what that is. I believe it is the sensor for the rear view mirror auto dimmer. Just in case anyone was wondering. And yes, the actual camera would be by the license plate.

Hmmm!!! Interesting!!! Didn't know that.