Road Noise 2008 Rx350

I have a pre-owned 2008 RX350 AWD for 3 years now. Recently I have had what I though was noise from old worn tires. I recently replace them with Goodyear tires that where rated to be quiet. I still have the noise although its not as loud. I am wondering if theres a problem with the drive train. Gary

You might have a wheel bearing going bad....Ask someone else to drive and sit in different positions and listen for the noise to see if you can localize it. Mine turned out being a front left wheel bearing, but many have had the rear wheel bearings go out. I too tried new tires, noise still there, replaced bearing and it is quiet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I too have a 2008 RX350. I have Hankook tires and hate them. I've been told to replace with Good Year. I keep thinking I have a problem with a Mount because when I turn hitting the breaks, it makes a funny groaning hoise. But the tires are extrememly loud. My wife doesn't ride in it much and she remarked how loud my car is. I never realized it because I travel in my car. I'm a rep. But, I'm starting to wonder if its my tires, not my mount. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Actually I replaced tires on mine and still had noise, turned out to be front wheel bearing, however generally the rear bearings are the culprit on these cars. I went with Yokohoma Parada X tires and they are really quiet.

• Like 1