Gasket Leak

tony_lexus

Hi all,

After replacing the oil control valve on bank2 (code 1354), car is back on the road. Thank you very much for the helps from all the board members, wow hoo!!! it saved me a bunch of money just for diagnostic. While I had the cover off and the engine was running, I smelled and saw some smoke coming out from the exhaust header shield (on same bank), I looked down and noticed oil dripping down onto the heat shield that caused the smoke. Do you think my head gasket is leaking? I checked the oil level and it seems to be OK. should I worry about it now and have it fix or I can wait a while until spring time and tackle this? Is it a DIY job or required professional touch?

Thanks again for all the helps/suggestions.

Tony

I doubt its a head gasket. You would have other symptoms as well if it were that. Might be a valve cover gasket. Pretty easy fix. Could also just be some spilled oil while you were doing the other work. Why don't you monitor it a few weeks before jumping into a repair. Fill the oil to exactly one of fill lines and note it. See if you are falling away from that line over a few weeks.