17 Years Of Ls400 Love....on To Suv

TampaLex

I have over 600K miles on two LS400's: '95 LS400 and '98 LS400. Loved both and the '98 still runs like a top, but my lifestyle has changed with respect to after work activities and an SUV would really suit me better. After looking at the offerings of Lexus and given my mom has a 2000 LX470 it's quite a range to look at. The reviews are all over the spectrum on reliability so I'm at a bit of a loss with what I read on the forum here, especially the issues I read on the older LS400's of which I have had none.

I don't mind buying older, heck I'd prefer it and will do so from a private seller as I have a very trustworthy mechanic I will have look it over.

Is there a consensus on a model/year range of the most stellar reliability on Lex SUV's? MPG is secondary as are all the electronic knick knacks. Seats are the number one reason I stay in the Lexus brand as I had have 2 back operations. Nav, ipod compatiblity, rear view cameras.....could not care less.

Thanks in advance for any opinions you can share.

As they always say, if the previous owners looked after them then they tend to stay reliable.. i had a 9 year old GS and has zero wrong with it in 2 years... because previous owners cared for the car so well.

Just take your time and find that peach of a car