1990 Ls400 With 33,000 Miles - Yes, 33K. Need Maintenance Advice

DDT 1990 LS

Acquired a 1990 LS 400 with 33k miles - and absolute beautiful garage queen. I need to know what maintenance is due assuming very little was done other than oil changes.

Guessing things that are subject to dry rot such as belts, tires, etc. are a given.

Purchased new Nokians, synthetic oil change, brake fluid, alignment done today.

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Did you get any service history with the car, I'm guessing it's a one owner?

I would get the cambelt, tensioner and idlers replaced along with the water pump if there is no evidence of a recent change, engine is non interference so if it broke would be inconvenient but wouldn't cause engine damage if the belt snapped.

Check your coolant for the correct mix or better still replace it with Toyota Red.

Other things are new plugs,wires, distibutor caps and rotor arms but if the car is running fine these are jobs you can do over a period of time.

I thought my 1994 was low mileage at 38,000 when I bought it in 2006 but yours is extremely low,how did you find it?

Post some pictures up, would love to see the condition both inside and out.

Will post photos after the detail. Car was my mothers and was driven sparingly to the grocery store, restaurants, etc. As such, I know the car well. Interior looks new, exterior has some minor dings but otherwise is excellent. Unfortunately, she had a can of white oil paint explode in her garage a couple of years ago and splattered the passenger side with globs of paint. That will be the big challenge for the detailer.

Car got a crowd at the Lexus dealership - many offers, admirers, etc.

The amusing part of being at the dealer was the fact that I drove off with a 2013 GS350 loaner with 1k miles on it free of charge - doesn't seem like a fair deal for the dealer.

Don't worry about the dealer, he/she will more than make up the cost. Wait and see and behold the 'magic'. ^_^

Unfortunately, she had a can of white oil paint explode in her garage a couple of years ago and splattered the passenger side with globs of paint.

This might be fairly easy to fix. The paint is sitting on top of the finish so a well skilled detailer can probably buff it out with some mild polishing compound and then wax it up so you never know what happened.