Word Antenna Is Flashing On The Xm Radio Screen And No Text Informatio

2v1g

I have a 06 LS430. My XM radio works fine until several months ago. Now I can still listen to all the channels, but the annoying thing is the word Antenna start to flash on the XM radio screen and I can’t get song title and artist information when I press Text button. I can still see the song title and artist information in a split second when I turn up the channel.

My antenna is a black square unit mounted on the left side of trunk lid. Could it be 2 wires come out of the antenna, one is for music and one is for text and the text wire is disconnected/loosen to the audio control center? Any ideas?

See page 180 of your owners manual:

"The XM antenna is not connected. Check whether the XM antenna cable is attached securely. There is a short-circuit in the antenna or the surrounding antenna cable. See a Lexus certified dealer."

My local lexus dealer disconnect the antenna and put it back. Before the service, Only the song title and album is info is missing, now I don’t get any music at all even after the resetting from XM Radio. They told me to buy a new antenna and maybe split the cost with me.

So where can I get a good XM radio antenna with 2 wires now? I called the Lexus dealers and they don’t sell XM radio parts anymore. I play high end audio and prefer the quality of the sound, so I don’t mind to put the antenna on the trunk lid again as long as it gives me clear signals.

I also attached a LS430 XM radio installation guide. Is it a big job to reinstall the antenna?

LS430_XM_Radio_Installation1.pdf

Googling "XM antenna" comes up with lots of hits. Judging by the instructions, installing an antenna looks fairly easy. The main thing is for the replacement antenna to have a compatible connector or adapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there -

We would like to help. First, we need some additional information from you. Send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be in contact with you today.

Thanks,

SiriusXM Digital Care Team