Brand New 2013 Rx Frame Molding Chipped Paint

valk350

I got a 2013 the other day and noticed the driver side frame molding has white spots on it. It's a new car, just few days old and has been back to the dealer. They said its chipped paint and will replace the part since its brand new.

For those not sure what I'm talking about, take a look here. On the diagram it's number 4. http://www.mylparts....diagram=8914530

If the above link doesn't work try this one, http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=5752874&ukey_assembly=774940&ukey_make=1082&ukey_model=15678&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=19109&modelYear=0

The part number is 75708 It's inside the door btw.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there something I can do? The car is paid for, and I talked to the sales guy and he said he has to talk to Lexus for any sort of compensation, if it can be had.

Hi Valk and welcome to the Club. Sorry no one has said hello to you yet.

I've been driving a 2013 for a couple of weeks now, and have found no problems, cosmetic or otherwise. It's a real bummer when you get a brand new car, for that much money, and of all things, the paint is chiped!!

I'm a little confused. Your post says the dealer will replace the part since it's brand new. I hope I'm reading into that it's actually being replaced/repaired becaused it's covered by warranty. Your RX, like most Lexus cars, carries a "Bumper to Bumper" 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty. That covers your paint chips. Where my confusion comes in is why would you expect any additional compensation since the repair of the problem, at no cost, has satisfied the warranty and therefore your damages/contract.

Paul