Everything You Ever Wanted To Know

by the manual book Oil and filter have to be changed every 5k ml

Now, in case switching to Mobil 1 how often I have to change oil and filter?

Can I easy change it every 10k ml? And don't violate warranty terms?

Changing oil twice LESS often recoupe 4x oil price diff for Mobil 1 vs. dino.

thanks experts for comments.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
Okay thanks steviej and Lexusfreak for your input.  My mom has a '99 Camry V6 w/ about 61k and it's going in for a minor service, so I'm going to have synthetic put in.  Ever since reading about oil gelling in the 1MZ-FE engines I figured synthetic would probably be a better choice in preventing the gelling for her car.  As far as my ES goes, the oil changes/services were done regularly by the previous owner who always brought it to Lexus, so I'm hopefully the switch won't cause any problems.

Try this for all you ever wanted to know about oil filters!http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html

• 2 months later...

Interesting, I have 3 LS400's 90, 91 & 92. the old 1990 has 240,000 miles on it and has always used synthetic oil. It gets 21.5mpg all around and 27+ on trips at 70MPH +.

I have used Castrol 20/50 most of the time. I switched to Mobile 1 and for some reason the car ate it. With Castrol it would get about 1/2 quart low before the next oil change (7,000 miles for me). with the Mobile 1 it used 2 quarts.

I then switched to Royal Purple 10/40 and it used none in between oil changes. Due to its color it seems to get dirty faster, but it is dark purple when you put it in, so it is hard to tell. You can get it over the internet or on EBAY for a littl cheaper than the Castrol, I buy it in 5 gallon buckets.

They also make a 15/40 Diesel oil that I use in my Cummins diesel pick up.

Allison Transmissions recommends their "Transend" synthetic transmission oil for their big transmissions and increases the oil changes by 3 times the miles in between as opposed to regualr oil.

I just bought a big diesel Motorhome with a big block 400hp cumins and an Allison transmission. The enging holds 43 quarts of oil and the transmission 44 quarts. I may sqitch to ordering my oil in 55 gallon drums!

Best of luck: Bob

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Motor Oil is the main part of your Vehicles,And sometimes you will get the problem from that oil,First thing is that you should go for the best branded oil for your motor,If the oil quality is not good then your motor will not work properly,And it also affects on the mileage and the consumption of the Fuel will also increase from it.And the other thing is that the oil level should be in the controlled manner dont add high or the Low level of oil it also harmful for the vehicle.