'10 Rx350 Fwd Starting Issues

htownrx

I have a 2010 RX350 FWD with under 60k miles and within the past few days I have had issues starting the vehicle. When i approach the vehicle and place my hand on the door with fob in pocket, the door unlocks as usual. As i go to start it as normal, (foot on brake) the vehicle acts like me, nor the key are anywhere near the vehicle. All of the instrumentation dims like there is no battery connected. After two or three tries, and doing nothing different, it starts with no issues.

Yesterday i took it to Lexus to have everything checked out. The diagnostics showed nothing and the battery showed to be in tip top shape, so they sent me on my way.

This morning it started just fine on the first try and successfully got me to work. It sat all day in an AC controlled parking garage and started fine in the evening after work. After letting it sit for a few hours after coming home, i go to leave and the car does not start. Again, after three or four tries, it starts.

I am at a loss as to what is causing the issue and i'm tired of guessing if my car will start when i need it to.

In the morning I am taking it to Lexus Service and leaving it there until they figure out what is wrong with my vehicle.

This is my 3rd Lexus but the first one to do this.

I also have a 2011 RX350 w/ 13k miles identical in equipment to this 2010 model and have had no problems with it or my previous '07 ES350 which i leased and traded in for my 2011.

If anyone has any insight into this issue, your help would be greatly appreciated!!