New Es300H Owner - Bluetooth Phone Question

KenIsaacson

Hello all. I'm a new owner of a 2013 ES300h. (I don't see a sub-forum for ES300h. Is that because it's so new?)

The car's equipped with the nav system, through which the bluetooth phone is controlled. I have a question about speed dialing. Is it possible to program in pauses? My phone (a Droid Razr) is programmed to speed call voicemail, then pause, then enter the voicemail passcode, then pause, then enter "1" (for "play new messages"). The result is that directly from my phone I press one button and the phone calls voicemail and plays my new messages without requiring me to enter any additional info.

BUT, when my phone is hooked up to my car, and all of my contacts are transferred to the car's system, dialing the voicemail number results in VM being called, but that's as far as it goes. The "pauses" show up on the screen as "wp", but no further diailing is being performed.

The result is that while driving, I cannot easily retrieve voicemail messages, since I have to manually input my passcode. (I can pick up my phone and speed dial voicemail from there, but I can't do it "speedily" through the car's system...)

An ancillary question is this: It seems that speed dial numbers must be chosen from among the contacts that are already programmed into my phone and then transferred via bluetooth to the car's system. Is there a way to program a speed dial number directly into the car?

Many thanks!

Ken

That worked, to a point. First, my ES300h doesn't let me enter phone numbers directly--they have to be entered into my phone as contacts, and then transferred to the car. Following the directions in the article you pointed me to, it seems that a simple pause ("p") is not long enough between the VM access number and the code. A wait ("w") stops the process and waits for further input. (And for some reason, stringing two p's together gets transformed into a w.)

The result is this: The car will dial the VM access number and then wait for further input. On the display screen, I can click on the "0-9" button, which brings up the number pad. Ordinarily, you can't enter numbers while you're moving, but because the code is already programmed into the contact, that code already populates the screen, so I just press the "send" (or "send numbers", or something like that) button, and the code is sent.

So, your suggestion helped. But it requires that extra step of actually sending the passcode.

If anyone knows of a way to make a longer pause without transforming it into a wait, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks!

(BTW, I see you have a bike. I have a 2006 Ultra Classic Electra Glide...)

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of you fellow ES300h owners begun tracking your gas mileage? I'm curious if it will live up to the advertised 40/39. So far I'm averaging 34mpg, and that's primarily driving in ECO mode. Of course I've only had the vehicle for 2 weeks at this point....