Coolant Leak?

averona1

Hmmm. Not your "typical' looking leak. That almost looks (from what I can see) like crustly, baked-on Toyota red coolant. Perhaps it has been there for some time? If it is not wet, then it probably has been there for a while. You can clean up the area and recheck later for any fresh material. If nothing, then you are good. It might be leftover sloppiness from a previous tinkering. It looks like it is coming from the fill port and perhaps that bolt was not tightened sufficiently or a gasket/washer is/was faulty. If so, just address that issue. I view it as a rather easy fix.

Anyway, when was the last time that the cooling system was drained and filled with fresh fluid? If it has not been done within the last 3 years or so, it is time. My guess is way past due. I only hope that the rest of your system does not look like that stuff.

Its a very slow leak. Coolant is creeping out and then water evaporates out leaving rest of coolant additives to crust up. Doesn't seem a serious problem yet but should be fixed eventually.