Non-Start After Disconnected Battery

dwafford

My 2006 SC430 was not running, and after much diagnosis, I decided I needed to install a new engine wiring harness. I just completed that project, and now the engine won't turn over. Battery has a fresh charge. Always possible I did something wrong installing the new harness, but I don't think so, because I laid the new one over the old one and removed/replaced each connector one at a time from the end back to the ECM. Prior to replacing the harness, the engine would crank, run for just a half second or so, then quit. It set error codes for both the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor, but I replaced both of those with no change. That's when I decided the wiring harness needed changing (the car had been wrecked, and some of the wires had been damaged - but it has run fine since rebuilding until this non-start problem arose). Could the anti-theft not be recognizing the key because the battery has been disconnected for a while? The battery in the key fob doesn't seem to be dead, because the red LED illuminates when I press a button, but it will not lock/unlock doors or trunk. Thanks for any advice you can offer.