1998 Sc300 Drivers Side Inside Door Handle Wont Work

The outide handle (clip on the rod) broke and then inside door wouldn't work after that.

I have replaced the clip with a new one: Inserted clip into door handle hole first, then attachd the rod to the clip. Works fine from the outside...........

Does anyone have any pics that show how the inside door handle cable assembly should look when properly connected ? I'm referring to the connection point deep inside the door..........not how it connects to the inside handle itself.

There is a little white clip that holds the lock cable and door handle cable in place, and it looks fine.....I guess.

While feeling around in there I popped the cable out from it's coonection point......unless it was already broken ???

I'm giving this car to my son to go off to college so I'm being cheap and trying to fix it myself. I already have to buy a new door handle assembly for the passenger side because both the rod and clip broke. Unless I can fabricate one myself, I will have to pay for that side to be repaired.

Any suggestions on fixing the inside handle problem ? Pics ?

Thanks !!