2008 Is250 Awd Front Drive-Train Shaking On Start And High Speed...

Recently my 2008 IS250 AWD have a shaking problem. From start to 15-20 miles, front is shaking (from side to side). You can feel it in the floor and steering wheel. At high speed (55-75 miles) front shaking is back again. When gas pedal is release : it stops !... tire pressure = check ... Wheel balance and shape = check ...

Does anyone ever have or know this problem ?

Thanks,

Al

• 3 weeks later...

How old are your tires? I've had serious delamination problems with steel belted tires in the past. Take your wheels off and check them. You can't always see this with the tires on the car.

While I agree with the above tire suggestion (also try rotating tires front to back to see if vibration persists), It is probably worth lifting the front end and checking your steering/suspension components for wear or looseness. Obviously the front end lifts under acceleration and squats under deceleration which may explain the different times you experience the vibration (or at least the worst of it).

Vibrations can be difficult to identify in person, let alone over the internet. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

About 45 days ago I installed Tanabe coil springs NF210 for the AWD model (as per Tanabe web site). Drop is : front 1.0 rear 1.4. Not a big drop. I started to have vibration issues at low speed (0-25 mph) and above 50 mph car was vibrating just like when you have a bented dammage wheel or snow inside a wheel or when you loss some balancing weight. At first, I tought one of the wheels lost some weight. After wheel balancing and suspenssion and direction verified by a tech (no issues found) car was still vibrating. So I search on the internet for similar issue. Found out that I was not the only one having vibration issues after dropping an IS250 AWD model. I search and didn't found any solutions. So I visit one of my mecanic buddy. Found out that axle shafts angles change (due of the drop) and shaft was too tight. Velocity joint was to tight and was creating a vibration. I put back the original spings = problem solved ! ... No more vibration at low and high speed. So I figure out that that AWD model cannot be lowered. Or if tere is a way or a fix, please share it with me ! :)