Recommendations For Wash/wax-1999 Ls 400

JBETZSOLD

I am new to the Lexus way. Just bought an LS 400 with 105K miles. Had to travel a bit to get it. Private owner off Autotrader. It appears as if I did ok on the deal. Everything works, clean, consistent maintenance. He was asking about $2000 below retail. Time will tell, of course. This vehicle is a significant upgrade compared to what else is in the driveway. I would like to get some opinions about washing/waxing. Is it ok to do it at the coin-op places? Any particular wax or whatever I can get at Autozone?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello John,

Congratulations on the purchase of your Lexus.

In regard to washing and waxing it is my experience that washing your car at home with a water hose and quality car wash (not dish-washing liquid) yields the best results. Before waxing my ES 350 I always apply a coat of Meguires Ultimate Polish to get rid of fine scratches and swirl marks. I then follow with a coat of Meguires liquid wax. This combination has yielded the best results for me. Also, these products cost about $10 each at WAL-MART, much less than they would cost at the auto parts store. Hope this was helpful.

Good Luck.