Intermittent Starting Probelm

Lou D Crass

Hi.

She has started first time in all the time I have owned her.

Then on Saturday morning she just turned over and over. I kept going back and trying again, but she just turned over without firing.

Then, on Sunday night, having concluded "fuel pump", I turned her over one last time and she started as if nothing had ever happened.

Now I know women can be like this, but can anyone suggest a possible cause? Is something going to fail imminently.

(yes, I have a full tank)

Lou.

Hi.

She has started first time in all the time I have owned her.

Then on Saturday morning she just turned over and over. I kept going back and trying again, but she just turned over without firing.

Then, on Sunday night, having concluded "fuel pump", I turned her over one last time and she started as if nothing had ever happened.

Now I know women can be like this, but can anyone suggest a possible cause? Is something going to fail imminently.

(yes, I have a full tank)

Lou.

Hey Lou, since your LS is a female ("she started"), you might consider keeping fresh flowers and candy in the trunk. Always works for me. B)

Well I have a 16 year old and I feel for you.. A couple of times (not close together) I have went to start, and it cranked longer than normal, and when it did catch and started, it ran very rough, until I reved it up a couple of times to burn all the excess fuel it had pumped into the engine. after that I drove off normally... probably the same for you, just flooded itself and would not start and after the fuel evaporated it started ok. so, I didnt worry about mine and I wouldnt worry about yours, unless it starts a pattern....of failure..