How Can You Tell If The Mileage Is Not Correct?

pavlovich

how can you tell if the mileage is not correct? I just purchased a lexus ls 2005 from a reputable dealership. The car had 29k miles on it, the tires were not the original..they are Cooper tires ...this threw up a flag but...any way to tell if the mileage has been tampered with? I know the odometer could be correct by a tool called DP3 Digiprog3 Odometer Correction

Did you look at the carfax history? Did you look at the Lexus dealer data base for service records?

If you have already purchased the car, isn't it a little late to be questioning the mileage?

I know, so many questions.

BTW...Welcome! :cheers:

how can you tell if the mileage is not correct? I just purchased a lexus ls 2005 from a reputable dealership. The car had 29k miles on it, the tires were not the original..they are Cooper tires ...this threw up a flag but...any way to tell if the mileage has been tampered with? I know the odometer could be correct by a tool called DP3 Digiprog3 Odometer Correction

My LS had only 5k miles when I upgraded to 16" rims....

Tire swap may have been done to acquire QUIETNESS.

Also, with 1 tire punctured beyond repair and the other 3 well worn dealers would recommend replacing all 4.

if the previous owner went to dealerships to get services and stuff then they update the history everytime with the new mileage. check the hoses under the hood. paint chipping? seats cracking?

I bought my wife's ES330 with 22000 miles. First thing I did was put new tires on the car. They had about half the tread but were junk. I put a set of Yokohama Avid V4s, 235/60VR-16 on for summer and Firestone Winterforce, same size in the winter. Easy things to check is excessive wear on the right side of the brake pedal and wear marks on the floor where your heel goes when you drive. Pretty hard to change mileage on new cars. Many people buy a Lexus then never drive much so I'd think your good.