Rx 350 Light Trac Off Goes On Vsc Goes On

I was driving the car then all of a sudden the engine shakes then stops

then the TRAC OFF AND VSC LIGHT GO ON what does this mean i went back to my gas tank to see if it was tight or not but it wasnt then i close the cap till it clicks then turn on engine then the lights were gone what is the real cause of this ???

I was driving the car then all of a sudden the engine shakes then stops

then the TRAC OFF AND VSC LIGHT GO ON what does this mean i went back to my gas tank to see if it was tight or not but it wasnt then i close the cap till it clicks then turn on engine then the lights were gone what is the real cause of this ???

It sounds as if you encountered a situation wherein the TC activated for an extended period, mine will do that is I drive through a long muddy area on an otherwise dirt road. An extended period of TC activation is considered abnormal so you get a diagnostic indication that clears itself within a few miles.

"shaking" was probably the TC braking effect, "ABS-like" effect. The engine should not stop but it will be FULLY dethrottled, no response to the gas pedal during TC (or VSC) activation.

yah i took it back out today then it the light came back on but there was no sudden shake this time before the car lights came on it just popped up car drives fine im very worried

yah i took it back out today then it the light came back on but there was no sudden shake this time before the car lights came on it just popped up car drives fine im very worried

To help isolate the problem area disable the VSC/Trac system.

With the engine idling disconnect the MAF/IAT sensor. The engine will die, reconnect the MAF/IAT sensor and then restart the engine. For the next few drive cycles you will now have a CEL for which no harm will come and the VSC/trac system will be disabled until the CEL clears of itsself.

The MAF/IAT sensor module is a 2" square black plastic module in the air intake duct just downstream from the engihe sir intake filter.

Take it to a parts store and have them read the codes. It's free - some places will do this, others wont. I have the same issue, and it showed #2 cylinder has a miss. So it's either the plug or the coil pack ($85 - very easy to change).

I tried two places, and both readouts were the same. The lights are intermittent, and the miss is very noticeable going up a hill. Luckily for me, the #2 cyl is in the front. Otherwise, a shop would be changing it! All you need is a 10mm socket - or a crescent wrench. I'm changing the coil tomorrow, and I'll probably do it at the store, so they can clear the code.

And of course, the part isn't returnable - so I hope this does it!

Odd that there are so many questions about these lights. I guess it covers a lot of things.

Take it to a parts store and have them read the codes. It's free - some places will do this, others wont. I have the same issue, and it showed #2 cylinder has a miss. So it's either the plug or the coil pack ($85 - very easy to change).

I tried two places, and both readouts were the same. The lights are intermittent, and the miss is very noticeable going up a hill. Luckily for me, the #2 cyl is in the front. Otherwise, a shop would be changing it! All you need is a 10mm socket - or a crescent wrench. I'm changing the coil tomorrow, and I'll probably do it at the store, so they can clear the code.

And of course, the part isn't returnable - so I hope this does it!

Odd that there are so many questions about these lights. I guess it covers a lot of things.

The problem seems to be related to the VSC/TC system ONLY, no CEL.

Since VSC/TC isn't part of the emissions control system a parts store code reader will be of no help. There is a procedure that will allow you to "read" the codes for the non-emissions "stuff", climate control, etc.

You jumper a set of pins on the diagmostic connector, turn the ignition on, and then count the number of blinks, blick series, of the appropriate indicator light.