Is350 Brake Squeak Noise.......bad Design

So I bought my IS in 2008. Love it! However, I notice my front rims always dirty. Talked to friends how also own IS, I found out that Lexus IS brake design has a fraud. I have no evident to back myself up, but here is what happen to my car. My car's brake pad was making dust since the day I drove out from the dealer. I did not like that! So, at 28k miles, I brought to the dealer explain to them. They replaced a new pad set for me. GREAT!!!! fix all the dust! However, 1week later, it started to make squeak noise. At first I thought, because the brake dirty. Cleaning wouldn't help, I brought the dealer, they checked out, the guy helped me was name Patrick. He told me there is nothing wrong with it. He said that how sport car's brake sound like. Very stupid comment, but that what he really said. So I drove home feeling uneasy. But life got complicated to worry about it. The noise just get worse and worse. At 45k miles, I couldn't take it anymore. Driving around like a car worn out brake, like an old sedan, like fresh out car from junk yard... I brought it to the dealer to see if they can do something about it. "There's nothing we can do, that how new brake sound like....!" Now, the car came with extended warranty. So, at 51k, I brought it out again. I complained. I asked for a another guy. He told me Lexus recognized the brake problem, and they came out a new brake system that will also fix this problem. This system will change the pad and rotor as well. I said, fix it! He checked, your car is out of warranty! I found out from him that, the extended warranty is only cover, the "electronic and transmission"! lol, everyone know these thing last basically forever! So they refused to fix my brake. I talked to the manager of Sterling McCall Dealer. I said this suppose to be a recall because It's a bad design...blab blab.... they still refused to fixed. They can fix it, but I have to pay $800 for the new set. Why pay $800 while it suppose to be done from day 1, I asked! "sorry sir, there is nothing that we could do". So I took my car home, *BLEEP*ED OFF! Instead I'm going to change it, I'm going to DRIVE it! it is 59k mile now, still I'm driving it. I tried to make the loudest brake noise out on the street! So everyone can hear the Lexus Braking System! Don't give me wrong, I still love my car. Love from head to tail, inside outside, performance as well as looks. I hope posting my experience, help everyone know about it, and try to take your IS out for them the replace ASAP!

That was very bad service and advice,... :( No, the front brakes on the IS are NOT a bad design. However, there was a recall for the rear brakes seazing and they are covered. If your brakes were not squealing before the change to the low dust pads, then they were not installed following correct procedures. i.e. new shims and fresh lube.

Try this. find a remote road safe from traffic and accelerate to about 60 mph and apply the brakes hard but DO NOT come to a complete stop, keep driving. Repeat this three times, 60 mph, heavy braking, no stopping,...keeep moving. then drive the car normally to allow the brakes to cool down.

Once you've completed these steps see if the brakes still squeal? If they do,...order neww shims from Sewell Lexus,...or take it there if it's not too far away for service.