Aftermarket Additions To Ml Sound System

Hey Everyone,

Brand new to the forum. I need your expert opinions. I recently purchased an '06 GS 300 with the Mark Levinson system. I think the sound is great, it is clear as a bell and the mids and highs are impeccable. My issue is that the bass just doesn't hit hard enough.

I know that these systems can have some pretty complex cross-overs and the last thing I would want to do is screw up what I think is a pretty impressive sound system.

Do you all have any specific suggestions for additions that will set the sound over the top?

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi Tyler and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

Your right, the ML system is a completly matched system with speakers, amps, crossovers, etc. all calibrated for the other. However, your complaint is not uncommon re; not enough bottom with more contempory music. You can add a seperate amp and sub in your trunk using the feed off of the OEM sub under the rear deck, behind the back seat. This way you don't have to worry about cutting into the rest of the speaker network. If your VERY knowledgeable about car audio go ahead, but if not, i would suggest you have a qualified car audio shop do the instalation.

Enjoy the sound.

Paul