Taillights Out But Brake Lights Work? Help!

99 gs4. I am new here so wanted to say to everyone first. I been reading through alot of posts on here. alot of great stuff. Ill be posting pictures soon and a few DIY post I will be doin within the next few months and look forward to being a member of this forum

Now about my problem. I have aftermarket LED taillights that came with the car. I noticed lastnight when puttin it in the garage that the taillights were not illuminating. however the brake lights and trun signals work flawlessly. I checked the fuse in driver side kick panel and noticed there was a 15amp which should be a 10amp so i replaced it with a 10. They still wont work. I do not have a passenger side fuse cover so i dont know if there a fuse in there that is related to the tails. Any help would be great

Hi Stephen and welcome to your Lexus Owners Club. We are glad you joined the club..

I don't have the answer to your problem, but others will chime in here and hopefully together, can track down the problem.....wondering, do you have a fuse panel in the engine compartment?

Paul

hey paul thank you. yes i have a fuse panel there and all fuses checked out ok. I just took out the tail lamp failure sensor and that seems ok i just check the circuit board in there. Hopefully others will chime in and help me. I can not seem to find out what it is. like i said the brake lights work when you apply the brake and turn signals work but tail lamps dont and the tail lamp out indicator comes on dash. very frustrating.