Error Code Help P0330-Bank 1 Or Bank 2 Location Please?

G124

Bank two is closest to firewall.

So I had a P0330 code-bank 2 knock sensor-I replaced firewall side knock sensor-wire harness and installed new plugs-still have the same error code-no shifting to OD-any thoughts?

Whoa,,,the knock sensor is under the intake manifold....did you remove the intake manifold and replace the knock sensor...?There are two sensors, mounted in the valley between the cylinder heads......here is the procedure from the CL site:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41266&hl=RX300+knock+sensor+replacement

Whoa,,,the knock sensor is under the intake manifold....did you remove the intake manifold and replace the knock sensor...?There are two sensors, mounted in the valley between the cylinder heads......here is the procedure from the CL site:

http://us.lexusowner...sor+replacement

Yes, did the whole procedure veribatum-still have the code and issues.

What next?

So you changed the knock sensor, not the air fuel sensor.? That wiring harness has been known to have been eaten by rodents from one member....Also it gets very brittle and rots out...Read the entire posting on knock sensors...Some have had success using fuel cleaners to clean the carbon deposits out of the engine...The other thing would be running the correct octane fuel...

So you changed the knock sensor, not the air fuel sensor.? That wiring harness has been known to have been eaten by rodents from one member....Also it gets very brittle and rots out...Read the entire posting on knock sensors...Some have had success using fuel cleaners to clean the carbon deposits out of the engine...The other thing would be running the correct octane fuel...

Thanks for the reply's. I changed the bank 2 knock sensor, installed a new wire harness, changed the plugs. Cleared the codes with diagnostic scanner, still get the P0330, no shifting to overdrive, no other codes coming up. I wish I had changed both knock sensors now. Thank the other sensor is bad?

That could be a possiblity....Some recommend changing both...Make sure your electrical connections are good. I broke a plug on mine and had to devise a way to hold it firmly on the knock sensor....They get brittle from the heat. But you did the right thing changing the wire harness. Check the connection point of the wire harness to the engine harness...maybe a pin got damaged.