Wiring Door Lock/unlock W/ Remote Start On An 01 Rx300

squints

I have searched the forum to no avail. Does anyone know how to wire the door lock/unlock when using a remote starter?

Hi Brian and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

I don't know the answer to your question but i Hope someone else can jump in here and help you out.

From my own experience with my two cars, especially my ES350, my remote start actually unlocks the doors when I start up the car. I have to use the remote to re-lock the doors once it's started if I'm going to let it just sit and warm up while in a parking lot or such. And this installation was done by my dealer. The problem is that everything is interfaced through a spider web of processors. And the security, immobilizer program won't let you bypass all their stuff. My Volvo has other issues. When you start it remotely, it locks the doors just fine. But, when you get in and insert the electronic cartridge, hit the start button, it starts up just fine. When you put your foot on the brake to place it in gear, it dies. The security override thinks someone is trying to steal the car. This too was installed by the dealer.

Sorry to ramble on, but somtimes it not as simple as it seems. Good luck.

Paul