Rx300 Flasher Unit Location & Replacement

twp

My 04 English model RHD RX300 at 66K miles has been very reliable (apart from rear view camera replaced under guarantee; lower suspension arm bushes replaced last year) but it looks as though the direction indicator flasher assy (pt No:81980-53020?) has packed up. No RHS direction indicator lights Front or Rear flashing with right selected on steering column stalk or with Hazard switch selected. The LHS works as advertised. I've tried to locate the flasher unit which seems to be clicking (with LHS indicator selected) behind the kick panel on lower RHS of driver's foot position. The forum provides other alternative locations which, given LHD and other model differences, don't seem to help. This should be a fairly simple replacement job if only I can locate the unit and, if behind the kick panel, remove the panel. I should be grateful if any RX owner can help me to identify the location of the flasher unit and advise on panel removal if necessary.

The schematic was very helpful. I eventually located the unit and have managed to electrically disconnect it mainly by feel. So far I haven't been able to remove the flasher assy from its installed position. I can feel it sliding against a latch but gentle easing, by feel, with an electrical screwdriver in the area of the latch hasn't yet released it. Do you have any suggestions? I've tried to gain better access by removing the steering column cover but to no avail.

• 9 years later...